Monday, April 25, 2011

Where All The Action Happens! {Our Play Room}

Our 'Play Room' - Thought it was time to dish out some posts I've had sitting in my drafts folder.

We use our rumpus room as the kids 'Play Room'. It wasn't easy to create a space for a Teen, tween, and toddler combination.

You and I both know that this isn't the way our play room normally looks - picture this room completely trashed. That's the way it ought to be, right!


Corner cupboard stores board games and puzzles 
Hallway table stores toddler toys and
underneath stores the keyboard.

If you've followed my blog or are just one of my friends stalking me, you know I'm a thrift freak - I can tell you it doesn't have to cost the earth to set up a play room. It would have only cost around $140 to furnish this room.

Your main battle will be finding the space, which we are very spoilt to have ample.


Everyone needs a table and chairs, and with a teen almost the same height as me (5'8") teeny tiny stuff is out - we need the Real McCoy now. 


Craft Cupboard - This stores all the goodies and dress ups.
Plastic drawers for more toys, blocks and Lego
- lots and lots of Lego!



Miss [almost] 2's inside play area is in the corner of the play room, placed next to a nice big window for natural light. Miss [almost] 2 sits here to have her morning tea sometimes, hence the vacuum cleaner.


Note the strategically placed vacuum cleaner -
it gets used so much, I rarely even bother packing it away.


So now when you see a post  on my blog of painted windows, contact 'stained glass', or a handmade birthday card  - you know where all the action is happening... our play room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...