Saturday, April 16, 2011

Darling Desk, Precious Plates And More {Latest Thrift}

I know you're all insanely jealous of my thifty finds, and I'm OK with that. [smirks]

This pint sized desk was a bargin at $5, of course it needs some work - but not much. Perfect size for Miss [almost] 2 to grow into.


Al it needs is a coat of paint, handles and a new latch.
  

Miss [almost] 2 looks well proportioned to her new desk, don't you think?


I know I don't come across like a plate collector, (because I'm not) but I do love thinking about how many afternoon teas or dinner parties some of these pieces have seen. Paid about $3 - $4 each, can't remember exactly. I have some platters of my late grandmother's that date back to the late 1890's.


Simpsons Potters 1940's ::  Grimwades 1920's

Yet another awesome buy, two cute little chairs - $1 each

Made for a nice prop in one of my weekly photo challenge entries for "Jewellery"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...