Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lemon Tarts and Weight Loss


Yum! Photos of the lemon tart I made today: 6 Weight Watcher ProPoints ®
Mmmm Lemony tart in all it's sweet, divine, yummy, goodness! Just the mere thought makes my mouth salivate. 

Well it's no secret, I piled on the kilos while pregnant with Miss [almost] 2, and I've joined Weight Watchers in a last ditch effort to move the "flab-dominals"! All I can say is, I'm loving the ProPoints® system!

My birth-mother and I re-visiting the town I was born in, and celebrating our 8 years of reunion. Note: Me uber skinny back then. {sigh}
The photo above was taken only 3 weeks prior to falling pregnant with Miss [almost] 2 - not bad for a 28 year old mother of two? Back then I frequented the gym, but now that money is tight we just can't afford that luxury anymore.

Ideally, I'd love to lose most of the extra weight before Miss [almost] 2's 2nd birthday, at the end of May. I don't expect to lose all of the weight by then, but I'd like to be past the half-way mark. So far I've lost 3.5 kilograms, only 13.1 kilos to go!

So I have 8 weeks, 5 days, and counting, until Miss [almost] 2 has her birthday... so wish me luck.

Anyway, getting back to the point at hand.
 

Yummy, Delicious, Lemon Tart Recipe 

Ingredients: 
100g ginger nut biscuits
25g margarine
400 ml Nestle light sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
1 egg white
2 lemons {juice and rind finely grated}
Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 180C.

Place the biscuits into a food processor and chop until fine.
Melt the margarine in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the biscuit crumbs and mix through melted margarine. 

 
Then place mixture into the base of a 23cm cake tin, pressing biscuit mixture around the bottom.

Refrigerate until required.

Place condensed milk and eggs into a bowl and beat until smooth. Then add the lemon juice and zest, then stir through.

Pour mixture on top of the prepared based.


Bake tart for approximately 20 minutes, then remove from over and allow to cool completely. 


Recipe from Weight Watchers




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...