Thursday, February 17, 2011

And The Award Goes To... ME!!! {and lots of others}

::Updated::
Not only did I get voted for once, I got voted for TWICE! THRICE!!! Wow really should check my mail!

{stumbles on stage to accept award}  

{acceptance speech}
[clears throat]


Ah, Crap. Umm, shit. I didn't even prepare a speech, I was totally not expecting this! 


[takes gigantic swig of vodka] 


Oh, wow. Such an honour! I'd like to thank God, [another swig] my Mum and Dad. [yet another] Myself, my kids, my beautiful Husband! [hiccups and gestures stage hand to fitch another drink] Probably none of which are even aware that I blog. Oh and especially those fabulous girls at Aussie Bum Mummy, Craft Crazed SuperMum and Because I Said So - Rachel.

You know! [waves martini glass around wildly] there are some really interesting facts about me, that a lot of my readers wouldn't know. [pauses] I can't actually remember any of the interesting ones at the moment, but I can tell you some other stuff instead...


 Did you know, that I only have a year 8 education? Explains a lot, doesn't it? I hate pizza, loath it in fact! I actually have this awesome pizza story, involving me, pizza, and lots of vomiting!  [looks slightly queasy whilst reminiscing]  


I believe no Guinea Pigs should be domesticated, the poor buggers look like they're going to have a heart attack when ever a human being comes within a 5km radius! I was a street-kid and spent a good part of my delinquent years getting into trouble with the law. 


I love horses and I always wanted a pony [mumbles "still do"]. I was 10 - 11 years old when I sewed my first project, on my own. It was a this hideous culotte and vest set I made for my 5 year old cousin's birthday. O.M.G the fabric was revolting! 


[spills vodka all over the podium, with a glazed over look in her eye possibly from trauma caused by the ugly material] 


Mind you, my little cousin thought the outfit was THE. BEST. EVER. and insisted on wearing it to her party. I used to attend "Fame" dancing talent agency, or whatever it's called - needless to say I made a FABULOUS tree in ALL productions, even ones that didn't require trees. Amazing talent. There is also this one time... [security escorts crafty girl from stage]

Ok, so you're on to me. The Versatile Blogger Award looks nothing like a Logie, it actually looks like this...


Despite it's deceptive appearance, this harmless looking button actually comes with some pretty intense responsibility. 



1. Say a big "Thank You!" to the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
[seriously, could it have taken me any longer to get around to doing this!?! I'm hoping the fact Brisbane flooded and I was volunteering is a valid excuse?] 

2. Tell us seven things about yourself.
[very eloquent and oh so subtle in my speech.]

3. Award seven recently discovered new/great bloggers. 

"and the awards go to..."


4. Contact award winning bloggers and announce to them know they’ve received the award!!  
[Will do so, once I've posted this]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...